Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Making dreams come true!

Mark probably like most guys has long wished for a Dream Garage with storage, places for all his tools, car stuff and if truth be known, a place he could call his own without all my junk laying around.  When we bought this house it had  a very, very steep driveway and a 2 car garage which was not ideal for his dream or his car.  But it had these awesome views, location and porches so we both adjusted our dreams because no house is perfect!  A couple of weeks ago he found a great sale on garage cabinets which was the foundation of his new adjusted dream garage so I told him to go for it.  I mean I have my craft closet which admittedly cost a fraction of what his garage dream would cost but I benefit as well because now he could find things which means he would have more time to help me build my genius (harebrain) ideas.  So he ordered everything, it was delivered and then the fun really got started.....yeah right.  We painted the walls and trim, had the garage door opener changed, ordered lighting and prepared for Home Project 1,000,001 which in true Harris' style will be monumental.  First came the flooring which snaps together and is used in racing pits so it's very durable.  He did surprise me when he said it was a 4 color design but after we started laying it I totally agreed with his decision.  The checkered areas outlined in red is the "car parking" area only according to him and the slate areas outside that is work/storage space.....I think that is suppose to keep me in line or at least in space.  We still have to install new lighting and we will be installing a car lift at some point that will move his car up then he can park his daily car under it and I'll get the other bay....wahoo hopefully before next winter.   I need to hang some of his car prints out there and label some of the shelves so I can find stuff easier. 







I'm so very happy that he did it because he really just beams every time he walks in there.  Oh and I did get 3 small cabinets to store yard stuff/décor.  Again he ordered everything on line at great prices just like what we did for the bathroom remodel as well.  This man researches everything to the nth degree to find the best value for the money and it only took us one weekend to get everything sorted and installed.

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I know he will enjoy his space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie zowie! Mark is one blessed boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One weekend to transform a garage that looks better than the rooms I've been screwing around with for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!!! I love it!!!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!