Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Sunday, February 22, 2015

Things that make me uncomfortable

Yesterday's post was preempted by the bad ice storm we had in the south.  We were without power, tv and internet until last night but trust me, I'm not complaining because it's nothing like my friends have been dealing with all winter long.

Ok so todays topic is things that make me uncomfortable and I've been struggling to think of something.  I have the usual phobia when people stand too close behind or beside me  but I'm much better at dealing with that after living abroad.  People in Europe have a completely different sense of personal space so I had to adjust a little or go crazy every time I left the apartment. 
After working with the public for years upon years, I think I've heard and seen it all so it takes a lot to make me truly uncomfortable.  Customers used to tell me stuff all the time that they should have been telling a priest in confession or their dr so there's not much I can't laugh off.  I can think of only one time that I was speechless and that was when a lady had just learned her husband was abusing her daughters so she was there to close the bank accounts.  I was very UNCOMFORTABLE that day and I had no idea what to say to her or her daughters who were with her.  Never saw them again and have often wondered over the years how things turned out for them.  I hope he got a long jail sentence! 

Well I promise tomorrow's topic will be more lighthearted and upbeat so stop back by to check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! I suppose she was very stressed out. And venting helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!!! Stressed out for sure I think, I would be uncomfortable too.Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am uncomfortable with people getting in my personal space, too. As I counselor I heard pretty much everything so none of that really makes me uncomfortable. You must exude empathy and that is why people tell you personal things. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!