Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Tuesday, March 25, 2014

We sold the house!!!!!!!

Finally, we have an accepted offer on the house which was $2,000 below our asking price and a close date of May 7th.  The couple are closing on the sale of their home in NC on April 15th so let's pray that everything goes as planned.  We had no scheduled showings for Saturday so Mark and I decided to do some yard work and clean/ pack stuff in the garage so we were exhausted and filthy.  We finished up around 2:00 and went into the house to grab a snack, shower, ect.......I walked back out to the trashcan to throw stuff out and there was a car in the driveway with a realtor.  This lady announces "We're here" with a big smile and I just smiled and nodded while thinking this lady is at the wrong house.  Then she repeats "We're here" and again I nod with a smile and she finally says "we have a 2:00 showing for your home" and I replied "Your appointment is for tomorrow but if you'll give us a few minutes we'll clear out of your way". We rushed around turning on lights and the theater equipment then we left the house.....filthy dirty with mulch in our hair and everything.  Oh well I'm glad that we allowed it to be shown because they made an offer just minutes after viewing it.  Wahoo!  I had finally quit praying for the house to sale and changed my prayer to just give me peace about this entire situation so guess that was God's way of letting me know that I didn't have peace about it until then.  We also got another offer Saturday but they needed to seek a bridge loan and wanted a 90 day closing so we told our realtor that was just too risky for us and then the other couple came to view the house.  It was all in God's plan and hands.

So now we are trying to find a rental home in TN for at least a few months before we buy a house here.  I don't want to be rushed into a decision since this will be our retirement home and I want to get it right. I've also got to line up movers and storage options this week because we'll be at that closing date faster than I can blink an eye.  I've got to decide what's going into long term storage and what we'll need for the next 6 months.  Fortunately, I still have the packed boxes that were delivered from Germany that will have a lot of the stuff we need in them so it's going to be a matter of sorting thru them.  I started a list of what is needed when we moved there so I'll use that as my guideline and have a head start on it all.

Alright friends I'm off to start phone calls and start driving by rental properties. Oh and by the way, it's spitting snow here today again.  Where oh where is spring?
Donna


12 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you God! How absolutely wonderful! I am so happy for you. You are so right not to rush the purchase of the next home. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipeeee! So happy for you. Boy do I hate moving but once your settled again it's just like a big sigh of relief. I do enjoy opening the boxes and rediscovering all the things I forgot about. LoL.. Sometimes it's amazing our timing and God's he's always on his own clock..smile.. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I guess when you stop worrying and give it over to God it always works out...it's in His plan anyway so why not do it right away, it always works!
    So happy for you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I've always heard, Let go and let God. Guess spring will come to your new home this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations; praying for a smooth closing and a rental to appear that meets your needs. You are wise about taking the time to look for your new permanent home.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Donna on selling the house. Great idea to take your time looking for a new one. I enjoy decorating a new place, fun, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! I pray everything goes according to plan and everyone is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news, so happy for you.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, I hope it all goes through smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you're off on an awesome adventure after selling the house! You're starting a new chapter in your life. This is both exciting and exhausting. Make sure to take time out to enjoy your successes along the way. Before you do all of that running around, you may also want to do some research online to narrow down your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!