Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blessed

I have been extremely blessed in my life by being surround with wonderful women in my family.  They have shown me what real love is all about and that family stands with and behind you at all times.  I had the most amazing grandmothers, mother and aunts that loved me, supported me, laughed with me and most importantly, kicked my butt when it was needed.  I was also blessed to get a great mother in law when I married her son some 26 years ago.

But this post is actually about my Aunt, Brenda Fay Gay Holland.   Brenda was 13 years old when I was born so we basically grew up together.  She used to take me everywhere with her including dates.  She took me to my first concert to see Donny Osmond....no Bon Jovi I know but he was my first love.  She always took time to play with us and she could play a mean game of hide and seek.  She and her friends would come up with weird places to hide us in like on top of doors, linen hampers, ect.....  Even after she got married, we would go stay with her for weeks in the summer.  She would plan hayrides, mud wrestling games, adventure hikes and more to keep us out of trouble.  She was terrified of locust shells and one year we hid them all over her house so she's find them after we were gone....good thing she lived several hours from us because I think she'd have kicked our butts after she started finding them all.  My brothers and I were her starter kids and we broke her in right.  She had my cousin, Gayla when I was 11 years old and we moved away to Arkansas shortly afterwards so I didn't get to spoil her like Brenda did me.  She went on to have 2 more beautiful daughters, Erica and Tamara and now has 3 grandkids.  I was lucky enough to move to Atlanta a few years ago and that's where they were also living at the time so I got to get reacquainted with my family.  When my Mamma got sick,  my aunt moved back to Louisiana to care for her and that was such a huge blessing for my entire family.  I will be forever in her debt for allowing my grandmother to continue living at home for as long as possible.  My aunt loves with her whole heart and I'm grateful for that!  I stitched this to honor her and how appropriate  that I finished it this week in time for Mother's Day.  Thank you Bimbo for loving me!

Moonlight Visitor by Blackbird Designs

4 comments:

  1. How Blessed you are to have her for an Aunt! What a beautiful way to show your love for her!

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a beautiful finish and tribute to your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tribute to your aunt! How fortunate you ar to have such a great aunt, she sounds like a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Donna!

    I had a very special aunt like yours - she was 12 when I was born, and I did Pink Hill Manor to honor her.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!