Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Only The lonely

Giving credit to Roy Orbison:

Only the lonely
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Know the way I feel tonight
(Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah)
Only the lonely
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Know this feeling ain’t right
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
There goes my baby, there goes my heart

They’re gone forever, so far apart
But only the lonely know why I cry
Only the lonely

I'd have put a link to the song but I'm not exactly sure how to do that so instead you just get the lyrics.
Mark arrived back in Germany Friday morning and left again today for a month long trip back to the US.  So I'm feeling a little blue, down in the dumps, lonely, ect...  I do miss him when he's gone but I refuse to just mope around so now to make some plans of to do things while he's gone.  Of course, there will be a trip to Ikea because I can spend an entire day there just looking at stuff, I think a day train trip somewhere to see a few antik stores and who knows what else I might try to do on my own.  I know, I know....just no driving for me...lol! 

And speaking of driving, I got the estimate for fixing the gentleman's car and it was shocking!  I swear there wasn't much visible damage but it came in at over $1800US so we're feeling that dent in our pocketbooks.  I finally got a police report after 3 different visits because I had to see the actual officer that got the report.  She was so nice and it turned out that her partner is from Texas so she speaks perfect English.  I know I shouldn't expect that but it's always nice when it happens.  Anyhoo, the owners of the car decided not to press charges against me so basically she wrote up a no fault accident report which was a HUGE benefit for me.  No fines and maybe, just maybe the insurance company will pay to get our car fixed.  That would be a blessing!!!!!

Mark's job is always evolving as you well know and now there's a new twist.  He'll be working in Tennessee at the aerospace division which means he'll be making frequent trips back to the states.  They have agreed that they will give me some "extra" trips back the remainder of this year but we're just not sure how often I'll go with him.  There's no sense in my sitting in a hotel room while he's working and that's especially true if he's working crazy hours.  And I really don't want to sit at our home in Georgia just waiting on him to return on the weekends if he's able to get away.  I mean I can sit here in Germany just as well.  We'll just have to see how his schedule works out before I start tagging along with him.

Now on to my latest projects:
This is my new stitchy chair area in the living room.  I can carry the chair out to the balcony as soon as it gets warm enough to be outside for any length of time.
Here's a close up of my chair setup.  Don't 'cha just love Clarice's cat grass?

Here's my newest treasure that I acquired while Mark was gone last week.  Not wild about the basket but it's just full of these huge spun yarn balls and the winder is just perfection.  I think I'm going to paint the basket black again as soon as the weather cooperates.

Here's my pewter candle snuffer set that I got for less than $10 US and you know I can't walk away from a bargain or pewter!

And lastly, I finally got frames for some of my stitching and gave it my best effort to frame my own stuff.  Now I didn't lace it or cut the extra fabric away in case I want to go the custom framing route later.
Birds of a Feather-Alphabet Sampler framed in black and just perfect on the tub surround in the bathroom

Blackbird Designs-Bluebird's Message framed in a simple navy blue

Blackbird Designs-Swan Lake framed in a weathered country white/blue frame (my favorite)

And finally Pineberry Lane-Autumn on Pineberry Lane which is framed in a brown wood tone and hanging in our bedroom.  I'm happy with how everything came out but of course, I see all the flaws like not getting everything perfectly straight, ect.... oh well

I'm off now to fix myself some lunch and yes, it is way past lunch now in Germany.  I got distracted watching a Civil War show on the history channel and now I guess I should say I'm off to fix myself an early dinner.  Have a great week and hope that song doesn't keep running thru your head all day long.





 

2 comments:

  1. I actually love that song. Sorry that your hubby has to be away so much, but looks like you have lots to do to keep busy.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your basket with the spun yarn is wonderful. too bad the rest of the spinning wheel didn't come with the whorl.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!