Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Just 24 hours later!

Mark's parents called late last night to tell us that they just can't take the boys.  It's been a very emotional night with little sleep.  Mark is just furious because he asks for nothing from his folks and when he finally does reach out, he's smacked down. He feels like he's just alone in the world in spite of my constant reassuring him that he's never alone since he has me and my love for the rest of my life.  It breaks my heart to see him suffering like this!




Ok now on to the next step in finding a place for the boys.  I'm really at my wit's end trying to think of someone else to love and care for them.  I refuse to take them to the Humane Society even if it is no kill.  They are 11 years old, declawed and totally devoted to each other.  It would kill them and us if one got adopted and they got split up.  They are best buddies and have been since we adopted them 11 years ago.  The second picture of them looks like they are fighting but trust me they were asleep!  They crack me up because it was 108 degrees on Saturday afternoon when that picture was taken but they insisted on laying close enough to barely touch all afternoon on the deck.  They have a cool room in the basement complete with cat tree but they rather lay on the deck....not me...get me some shade and cooler temps any time.  They have a door into their basement teenage hangout, eat upstairs on the deck and best of all no litter box because they do their business outside.    They are outside kitties and have been for about 10 years now so moving them to Germany really isn't an option.  We're on a 3rd floor apartment building in a down town area so not safe for them.  What am I gonna do?????  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

I'm off to pack a little more, work on some paperwork and hopefully just maybe get a couple of stitches in before I dissolve into tears again.

Happy 4th to everyone!
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Donna I wish I could take your sweet kitties! I just know someone will reach out and give your boys a loving home.

    Best wishes and hugs...
    :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!