Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Sunday, February 19, 2012

What a great weekend!

Mark got home Friday morning so I made my almost weekly drive thru Atlanta traffic to pick him up at the airport.  I hate, hate driving thru Atlanta but seeing Mark smile when he sees me makes it all worthwhile.  After 25 years he still makes my knees weak with that smile.....true he drives me batty as well but what's a gal to do.  I even took off work at noon and we spent the day doing nothing together.  Heavenly!  And I even cooked which made him smile even more.

Yesterday, we ran a couple errands including back to the bicycle shop.  Paul tells Mark that the formal contract will be ready in a couple of weeks for us to review.  I'm excited just thinking about this new adventure that we might be embarking on....notice I still say "might" because if nothing else, I have learned in my 46 years is that nothing is certain but death and taxes in this life.  I have been looking at housing options online but still need to make a trip over to look around before he signs anything.  I have started to make sure that I have all the needed cross stitch supplies to last at least a couple of months before we move.  I also have been working on organizing my stash so it'll be easier to move.  A girl has to have priorities. LOL!

Speaking of stitching, I finished Snow Garden by Blackbird Designs to honor my Mamma.  She turned 92 last month so I wanted to stitch this very special design for her.  At first, I admit that the muted colors weren't a favorite of mine but halfway thru I started to really like them.  Now to decide what to stitch next....hmmm....maybe  Elizabeth Jane or Pumpkin Farm....hmmm maybe a non-blackbird design.  I have so many other patterns in my stash that really need some attention as well.  I love The Primitive Needle, Goode Huswife, Bent Creek, and so many more that I can't even begin to name them all so what to start next? 

Since I'm off work on Monday I guess I'll have some fun sorting thru, petting all my patterns and dreaming of the day that I can do nothing but stitch all day long.  A girl can dream right?  I should have been born wealthy so I don't have to work for a living. LOL. Actually Mark is off work as well after his 2 conference calls so I plan to reorganize all my threads which I got the idea from someone's blog this week but can't for the life of me remember who's. Anyhow, using 3 ring binders and baseball card sheet protectors. This should work much better than any of the other 100 things I've tried before. If nothing else I'll update my wish list of needed threads.

Well that's all for now friends because my tummy is starting to announce that it's really time for me to get busy cooking dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!