Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Friday, February 3, 2012

Memphis Rocks!



I decided that I was going to treat myself a little and I bought a ticket to see Memphis last night at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. I've wanted to see a show at the Fox since we've moved here because the building is just beautiful. OMG! It totally lived up to what I imagined on the inside.  The pictures don't  com close to showing just how marvelous this theater is.  Ok, enough about the building and more about an awesome, must see show!  Memphis was everything that I hoped it would be and more.  It made me laugh, think a lot about that era, get misty eyed  and of course, bop along with the wonderful music....just a great.  Growing up in the south as I did in the 60's and 70's , you observed some of the same racial issues that are dealt with in the show and it makes you ashamed to realize that in a small way you helped to cause it.  By saying helped to cause, I mean more for not speaking up and saying that we are equals instead of just shuddering inside when you heard those stereotype remarks.  I know I was a child and didn't have a powerful voice but I should have taken a firmer stand about the injustices that I saw and heard.  As I have gotten older I've made sure to speak up even when it was to my own ignorant relatives.  No person should be treated differently because the color of their skin!  Off my soapbox now and would love to gush on about the music.  A friend had given me a soundtrack a couple of years ago and I had let in languish on my desk without downloading it to my ipod...well that changed last night after I got home from the show.  It's powerful music that makes you want to sing along.  These actors are so talented because there is alot of very physical dancing along with the story and WOW!  I can't even chew gum and walk but these people were dancing, singing and moving constantly.  I was so sorry when it ended because I was really absorbed in the entire experience.  And by the way, buying just one ticket the day before the show scored me one of the best seats in the house.  I was in the orchestra on the center aisle with no one beside or in front of me.  It was the best!  I also drove into downtown Atlanta by myself at dark, found my parking and got to the show with no incidents much to my mother's relief.  I was almost as jazzed about doing that as I was by the show....remember this year is mine to push my boundaries outside my comfort level so this was just another milestone.  I actually do enjoy going places by myself but generally steer away from driving a lot at night and especially in the Big City.  I kinda felt like country mouse goes to the city. 

And I also treated myself to a day off today so I'm getting a pedicure, haircut and might even hit an estate sale or two because the weather is wonderful here today.  The best news of all is Mark will be home tomorrow and I can't wait to see him.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that crap, but the truth is that I miss him a lot all the time.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend doing what you love with those you love the most!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!