Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be

to quote The Mamas and The Papas!  I plan on hanging out in pjs and doing nothing all day long.  Well I might do something like eat lots of junk, watch mindless tv and stitch.  I certainly won't make the same mistake that I did about 4 years ago when I took the train into downtown Atlanta to pick up Bon Jovi tshirts and pins from Hard Rock Cafe.  Never even occurred to me that there would be Huge Parade and Crowds celebrating MLK day.  Duh, it's Atlanta!  My granny would say that "Donna Gay's elevator don't aways go up" and sadly the older I get the more true that is becoming. 

I have had an entire weekend of just fun and feel recharged.  Mark's still gone so Saturday I drove up into the mountains and hit a few shops and estate sales.  The only bad thing was my favorite store, Hearts and Flowers was closed because of the cold temps.  I was really bummed out about that because I have Christmas money that needed to be spent dang it!  I will learn to call ahead in the future before I make that drive in the winter.


Sunday found me at the Mall of Georgia meeting with Maria for a fun day of lunch, movie and shopping.  We did the usual favorite PF Changs which truth be told, I could eat at every day!  And then we saw the movie New Years Eve which was great.  We knew that Jon had a role in the movie but had no idea that his part was so huge.  It was wonderful and we did get a little singing so that might tide us over for a few days.  Of course, I'm probably the only person in the world that honed in on the fact that as Jon was singing in Times Square there was a billboard ad for Memphis.  So I got my secret David fix!  LOL!  Too soon it was time for her family to pick her up so I headed home.  Clarice was a snuggle kitty and actually sat on my footstool while I stitched last night.  She's never, ever done that before so I was beyond thrilled.  My Maggie cat would sit in my lap when she was really tired and nap while I stitched but none of my other cats have ever done that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!