Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Midweek Update

We went to the Country living Fair on Saturday and I must say it was GREAT!  I just walked around touching everything, drooling and trying really hard to not go just ape crazy!  It was a good thing Mark was along or I'd have maxed out the credit cards.  I got to see vendors that I had only seen in magazines and was just in awe.  Of course being the bargain shopper that I am I had to see all the booths before I'd buy anything and Mark was so patient.  It was quite pricey to get in the gate $15 each, $10 parking then lunch was another $30 but oh so good.  It was picnic type food including fried chicken but I had the most delish sammie ever!  Think grilled chicken, thin sliced pear and balsamic...yummy!  I'm making my own version tonight for dinner with swiss cheese.  Anyhoo, I bought a vintage frame to put my newest finish in and Halloween tree, decorations, ect for half off already.  I think the guy just couldn't bear to pack it all back up again so he was willing to deal.  I got a orange and black "feather" tree that's about 3 feet tall for $12.  Now I'm thinking I might have to start stitching the Blackbird Designs stockings now that I'll have a tree large enough to display them.  And the best news, Clarice hasn't toppled it yet.

I'm busy studying for a insurance class and exam for work next week.  I'm really worried about getting my broker license or more importantly passing the exams to get my license.  Damn, banking has changed a lot in the past 25 years and I'd sure like to go back in time now to rethink my career choice.  We'll be converting to the new bank's operating systems, policies, ect the first of January so more changes headed my way and I just love change!  The dr has written me an sedative for panic attacks but I'm trying really hard to not get the script filled...I just think it'd be too easy for me to drug myself then deal with my life right now.

My dirty martini queens took our annual trip last weekend without me.  I've just missed 2 trips since we started this tradition 15 years ago but just couldn't make my schedule work this year.  I suggested they go to Branson, Mo this year since it's driving distance for them and I'm sure they had fun.  I bet they set that little country town on fire!

Well that's all the news from my little corner of the world so I'm off now to make choco chip cookies.  It's storming like crazy here so I want to just snug in for the nite and nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!